PTD-DBM disrupts CXXC5 protein, stimulate hair regrowth hair regeneration, Korean scientists

Has this been discussed already? It says Korean scientists have successfully created PTD-DBM (whatever that means) to stimulate hair regeneration. Good news? Fake news?

Lucky, thanks for your post. Yes, this news has been posted. It appears that at this stage, they still may be in the early stages of their work. Note that they call the compound they’ve discovered “PTD-DBM”. It’s highly unusual that researchers would refer to a compound using just initials, instead of a chemical name or generic scientific name, unless they were actively trying to protect intellectual property. That leads me to believe they are in the process of preparing or filing a patent application, and they don’t want to disclose the full details before they file. (International patent law can be very tricky, and the best way to ensure protecting IP is to file a patent application.) Note they also refer to this as a “biochemical substance” which is very non-specific. Is it a peptide, a protein, a steroid hormone, a prostaglandin, a naturally occurring biochemical? The reference to a “biochemical substance” (a phrase most researchers would not normally use in public discussions) tells me that at this point they are not amenable to disclosing more details.

Looks like it is a peptide, note the headline “Targeting CXXC5 by a competing peptide

[quote=“roger_that, post:2, topic:28054”]
unless they were actively trying to protect intellectual property. That leads me to believe they are in the process of preparing or filing a patent application,
[/quote]I hope they really are unto something at last.

(No idea how to set right the quote)

You highlight the text you want to quote, then you will see a “QUOTE” icon pop up on the screen, click that icon and you can then post your reply with quote.

Contacted Dr. Choi to see if he is interested in an interview or Q&A, below is his response:

"Thank you for your interest. All the information related with background for the research and development are described in the published paper. As a researcher, noting that much to talk for the HairSite and general community.

Thanks, Kang Yell "

Here we go again, it says 5 years before they start human trial.

@HairSite Sorry for posting the above article in this thread - I intended it to go in the thread on Dr. Fukuda and the “McDonald’s Fries” discovery.

Any updates on ptd-dbm yet in 2020?