My Story: Generic Vs. Brand Avodart and Propecia

Hey Guys,
I wanted to give you guys my story and thoughts on my experiences with generic vs brand name drugs.

Avodart = brand name Dutasteride
Dutas = generic Dutasteride

Propecia = brand name Finasteride
Finpecia = generic Finasteride

I order Finpecia and Dutas (generic Propecia and Avodart) from InHousePharmacy.com (supposedly a reputable company). I’ve been using this stuff for about a year or more, not sure as I’ve lost track of time. I’ve been predominantly using Finpecia for the majority of the last year, and Dutas for just the past 2 months. The past week though, I switched to Avodart instead of Dutas as I felt that Dutas wasn’t working, and I now know for sure that Avodart is working because I have much more increased sides (dryer skin and lower libido) from taking just .5mg/day of Avodart vs 1mg/day of Dutas + 1mg/day of Finpecia. Just .5mg/day of Avodart (brand name Dutasteride) is more powerful for me than 1mg/day of Dutas plus 1mg/day of Finpecia… that says a lot in my opinion to the quality of generic drugs and their potency.

Also, I’ve been on regular Propecia for like over 4 or 5 years and I was losing very slowly but the past year that I was on Finpecia, my hair loss increased at a MUCH, MUCH more rapid rate. I’ve lost so much hair the past year that I’m in disbelief and I want to blow my brains out. I couldn’t figure out why and I always thought it was just because my body became resistant to Finasteride/Finpecia/Propecia or maybe it was due to stress or depression, but now I feel like maybe its because the generic Finpecia was nowhere near as powerful as the regular Propecia.

I never really gave much thought to how potent the generic drugs are in comparison to the brand name ones, but after reading somebody else’s post about the environments that they’re shipped in and how they have to be stored, it made me think a little bit. Last week I found one of my Dutas pills leaking a bit and that made me suspicious of the quality. Like what if the other pills had problems too and I didn’t notice. Anyway I switched to regular brand name Avodart now instead of Dutas and I have much lower libido and my semen is even more watery. I can still get it up though when I need to, I just don’t have to jerk off like once a day the way I needed to in the past.

Yes, the generics are much cheaper, and yes, the generics I’m sure still do something as I had sides when I was on those too, but they’re not doing what they’re supposed to compared to the brand name stuff. I feel like 2.5mg of Dutas is the equivalent of .5mg of Avodart.

I’m going to stick to brand name Avodart and report back here and let you guys know what happens.

» Hey Guys,
» I wanted to give you guys my story and thoughts on my experiences with
» generic vs brand name drugs.
»
» Avodart = brand name Dutasteride
» Dutas = generic Dutasteride
»
» Propecia = brand name Finasteride
» Finpecia = generic Finasteride
»
»
» I order Finpecia and Dutas (generic Propecia and Avodart) from
» InHousePharmacy.com (supposedly a reputable company). I’ve been using this
» stuff for about a year or more, not sure as I’ve lost track of time. I’ve
» been predominantly using Finpecia for the majority of the last year, and
» Dutas for just the past 2 months. The past week though, I switched to
» Avodart instead of Dutas as I felt that Dutas wasn’t working, and I now
» know for sure that Avodart is working because I have much more increased
» sides (dryer skin and lower libido) from taking just .5mg/day of Avodart vs
» 1mg/day of Dutas + 1mg/day of Finpecia. Just .5mg/day of Avodart (brand
» name Dutasteride) is more powerful for me than 1mg/day of Dutas plus
» 1mg/day of Finpecia
… that says a lot in my opinion to the quality of
» generic drugs and their potency.
»
» Also, I’ve been on regular Propecia for like over 4 or 5 years and I was
» losing very slowly but the past year that I was on Finpecia, my hair loss
» increased at a MUCH, MUCH more rapid rate. I’ve lost so much hair the past
» year that I’m in disbelief and I want to blow my brains out. I couldn’t
» figure out why and I always thought it was just because my body became
» resistant to Finasteride/Finpecia/Propecia or maybe it was due to stress or
» depression, but now I feel like maybe its because the generic Finpecia was
» nowhere near as powerful as the regular Propecia.
»
» I never really gave much thought to how potent the generic drugs are in
» comparison to the brand name ones, but after reading somebody else’s post
» about the environments that they’re shipped in and how they have to be
» stored, it made me think a little bit. Last week I found one of my Dutas
» pills leaking a bit and that made me suspicious of the quality. Like what
» if the other pills had problems too and I didn’t notice. Anyway I switched
» to regular brand name Avodart now instead of Dutas and I have much lower
» libido and my semen is even more watery. I can still get it up though when
» I need to, I just don’t have to jerk off like once a day the way I needed
» to in the past.
»
» Yes, the generics are much cheaper, and yes, the generics I’m sure still
» do something as I had sides when I was on those too, but they’re not doing
» what they’re supposed to compared to the brand name stuff. I feel like
» 2.5mg of Dutas is the equivalent of .5mg of Avodart.
»
» I’m going to stick to brand name Avodart and report back here and let you
» guys know what happens.

I haven’t read your entire text yet as I’m late and must leave. But I did read your observable difference in gen. dut vs avodart. It’s been crossing my ind lately as well because I’ve been on gen dut for over a yr and recently changed to avodart. ironically my sheds are ongoing on a daily basis. I’ve been thinking it may be due to the fact that avodart may indeed be more potent and effective than the generic version. This may also explain why many users fail to see significant improvements with generic version. This is ofcourse just speculation.

Also, I want to point out that I once tried Avodart (brand) very briefly in the past and did a loading phase of 2.5mg a day (5 x .5mg pills) and I had horrible side effects. I got off of it immediately. Like 6 months later I got onto generic Dutas (generic Dutasteride/Avodart) and I was taking 2 x .5mg pills a day plus 1mg of Finpecia (generic Propecia) and barely anything happened. I had the same sides as taking just 1mg of brand name Propecia. This experience with brand vs generic is really weird.

Very good post. It would be great for more people to way in on this. I have been on Proscar for years now and it has always done well for me. I have always been on the brand name from Merk and would never switch to generics.

I can recommend a reputable pharmacy (Avodart) http://top-online-pills.com I received the order and it was on time and the pills work great.

It’s not worth risking your health with those so called generic medicines produced by shady indian companies. By taking those drugs you can’t be sure what they actually contain and if they are not causing more harm than good. If you want to buy original avodart for a price that is even lower than those fake generic brands go to this site: http://proscar.tictail.com . The guy that runs it is actually an MD and he will never sell you those fakes others are offering in order to get your money.