My hair transplant with Dr Woods to get my life back

@MichaelSA Your 5-month update looks impressive and as far as I am concerned you are at the finishing line already with the repair. The main thing is to be able to wear your hair short without exposing any strip scars. Based on the photos you posted, your strip scars have greatly diminished to the point when you can wear your hair short without drawing attention.

HairSite

Thankyou. Yes, I am very grateful for that.

@MichaelSA

Sorry a couple more questions. I have been putting this off for years now, it’s hard to find time off for this and besides, I don’t feel like having to explain to people why I shave my head. All I need is to fix my strip scars and nothing else, do you think if Dr. Woods can do it without having to shave my donor?

Harvesting from under the chin is a good idea, it will be less visible after the surgery. Roughly how long it took before all the scabs on your face or chin are gone?

Seriously, the scabbing under the chin for me was never an issue. I think the scabs & any sign of surgery were gone after as little as 1-2 weeks. I never even notice any issue under my chin now - his work was so neat! You have seen the results of my strip scar & there is no way it would look like that if it were not for the FUE. I have to catch a bus to work at present and I am no longer conscious of people sitting behind me staring at my scar - its such a relief.

Re shaving the donor I would imagine he would like it as short as possible so he can clearly see the scar but you would have to ask him.

Book a consult & meet him. He holds a good conversation - I think you will like Dr Woods.

9 months post op & i am delighted to say that my surgery was as successful as i could have hoped for. More importantly this surgery has restored my confidence and lifted me out of what had been a significant depression.

Dr Woods has helped me get my life back and I will be forever grateful.

Wow, I never thought it would look so thick !

@MichaelSA How is your strip scar by the way?

Cheers.

I am wearing my hair at a number 3 guide at the back & the strip scar is undetectable.

Michael, is it true that people get swelling immediately after surgery? Did you experience any swelling throughout the whole process or after your surgery with Dr. Woods?

Thanks.

I have had swelling from all of my HT procedures ( 2 x 850 strip procedures in Adelaide + a couple of very small touch ups also in Adelaide & the surgery with Dr Woods). I think this is probably because all of my work has been restricted to the hairline & frontal third and the closer to the forehead & eyes the Dr addresses, increases the chances of swelling? I think that some degree of swelling is to be expected from HT’s, likely due to the anaesthetic. I did have swelling after my surgery with Dr Woods, it subsided within a few days and did not overly bother me.

Congratulations on your result!

I can relate to your story. I had 4 unsuccessful and unethical procedures at another clinic before having a successful one with Dr. Umar. It feels like a weight lifted off your back once you have a successful one.

Happy growing, and best of luck!

http://hairtransplanttestimonial.blogspot.com/