Men with hair are perceived as 'more attractive, approachable and successful'

I wouldn’t prod him too much on these things. Cal has never taken any aspect of the discussions on here seriously. He just says what he wants to say, with lazy thinking and unclear associations. (Another frequent technique he uses is pseudo-scientific loose generalizations, when the discussion turns to scientific subjects.) Let him have his fun using his lazy thought processes and vague arguments to try to mess with people. It’s probably the high point in his day when he makes one of those non-sequitur posts.

I respect it when someone disagrees with me, and sometimes (rarely) cal is able to coherently explain why, but usually he shows he doesn’t care much for the discussion or for the people in the discussion. He’s one of those “debaters” who starts out having zero respect for the other debaters (easy to do, I guess, on the internet where you don’t know the other posters)… like, he doesn’t owe anyone here the energy of making an honestly argued post, because it’s “just” the internet.

Well, I can sort of understand that attitude. It’s very rude to other people to “argue” like that, but if that’s how he wants to roll, I say, let him roll that way, it’s useless to try to argue with someone like that. Not really worth my time.

I just went back and re-read the whole thread. Turns out I did miss the connection with superhl’s point leading to Rogers’s comment. My apologies for that.

Roger, I don’t respect people who want more credit just for having brains. I don’t respect people who want more credit just for using their brains either, if they didn’t use them in a practical effective way.

I highly respect whatever works. So far none of us have very much of that when it comes to regaining lost hair. Over the years your track record of HM predictions has struck me as being better than average around here but it does not nearly justify your attitude.

Everything makes a difference. And hair makes a big difference.

Oh sure, you might see a Norwood 5 horseshoe with a very good looking woman on his arm, but that of itself means nothing.

For example, he might be rich and she’s using him. But when you see them in a restaurant or on the street, she’s not going to be carrying around a sign saying “I’m just using this chump”

Scientific studies show conclusively that couples tend to be equally attractive.

So if you want a really nice looking girl, you have to be equally nice looking (that includes hair and being in shape).

There are exceptions.

But billionaires are also exceptions.

Lottery winners are also exceptions.

People who live to be 125 years old are also exceptions.

People who smoke 5 packs of cigarettes a day and die of old age, are also exceptions.

Etc.

The formula to be extremely popular with women is really very simple. In general, men of whatever age or financial means who tend to be successful with women (if that’s what they want), have the following, in this order of importance:

1. A FULL head of hair… NO hair loss, no receding hair line, no baldness. (In fact, as a rule, the thicker looking, the better!)

2. From the side, their body profile (especially the abdomen) runs straight up and down… No bulge, no gut.

3. They are not ultra short… I mean, like 5’5" or under. (Note that many women these days are willing even to forgive shortness if the guy is ultra confident, so I put this “requirement” in last place.)

Being wealthy definitely helps mitigate any or all of the above things, but few people have the kind of money to truly negate these factors.

All of the other things that people think are important – having a super-handsome face, good personality, funny, intelligent, great career, muscles, etc., even being extremely good in bed – may help, but are NOT REQUIRED.

The only things that are REQUIRED are 1, 2, and 3 in that order of importance.

Note: This is NOT to say that a bald, bald/fat, or bald/short man can’t get any women ever. Certainly they do. The only reason for this post is to delineate precisely the characteristics that correlate the MOST with being extremely successful with women.

Note that being a little bit overweight (issue #2) is pretty easily fixable. Being ultra short is not fixable, but afflicts few men and indeed, many women are willing to overlook this unless the guy is so short he looks really weird. The only item on that list that’s really hard to mitigate, or compensate for significantly, is hair loss. As we all know, the existing options aren’t great… if they were, none of us would be here discussing potential hair loss cures.

The other big takeaway that I’ve mentioned but bears repeating: If a guy meets requirements 1, 2 and 3, then no matter how old he is, he can still attract a lot of women. Women actually tend to be attracted to older men, on the whole, but the older man has to be considered “sexy”. I’ve noticed that many women declare men of whatever age, who meet requirements 1, 2 and 3, to be “sexy” – even guys who are 20 or 30 years older than they are – and no matter what the guy’s face looks like.

If you really think being 5’4" is less of a drawback than being a NW#3, you’re delusional.

To be clear, I said “ultra short” leading to not being able to attract women STARTS under 5’5, so by that standard, being 5’4" would be more of a liability than having MPB.

But you’re right – I was exaggerating somewhat on that one. It’s not as clear-cut as that. But then, you have extremely short men like Michael J. Fox, who has always been considered pretty attractive by many women, and Tom Cruise who is about 5’7" but is considered very sexy and gets the hottest women on the planet. You have musician Jamie Cullen who is 5’5" and married to a tall, hot blonde model. What do these guys have in common, besides shortness? A very full head of hair. Just imagine if any of these guys were balding… where would they be with respect to getting the women of their choice?

Tom Cruise? Michael J. Fox?

Those guys are actors. Actors have whole camera crews shooting and editing around their height. Hollywood will literally build shorter sets and cast shorter co-stars if that is what it takes.

By the time women are meeting those guys in real life the impressions are made. The crushes are already formed. The larger-than-life aura is there to help make up for their size problems.

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by roger_that[/postedby]
It’s not as clear-cut as that. But then, you have extremely short men like Michael J. Fox, who has always been considered pretty attractive by many women, and Tom Cruise who is about 5’7" but is considered very sexy and gets the hottest women on the planet. You have musician Jamie Cullen who is 5’5" and married to a tall, hot blonde model. What do these guys have in common, besides shortness? A very full head of hair. Just imagine if any of these guys were balding… where would they be with respect to getting the women of their choice? [/quote]

What else do Michael J Fox, Tom Cruise , Jamie Cullum have in common?
Money, power, fame. Ever think of it this way?

I m sure they will be just fine finding an attractive women even without hair.