Men with hair are perceived as 'more attractive, approachable and successful'

Men with hair are perceived as ‘more attractive, approachable and successful’

Researchers surveyed 122 people who were asked to judge different men
Seven of the pictures were of men who had undergone a hair transplant
Those with hair were deemed to be more approachable and successful
Experts say having hair could allow men to go further up the career ladder

Men with hair are perceived as 'more attractive, approachable and successful' | Daily Mail Online

These conclusions are mostly true, but leave it to the British tabloids to harp on it with endless articles on the subject!

Mentioning hair transplant makes it pretty obvious who sponsored this Newsy filler PR piece.

:wink:

So are you saying that the results aren’t credible and women really do like bald guys or are
you saying that the results of the survey are correct even though the survey was done by people
who have a self-interest in the results?

It’s obvious that women are attracted to men with hair. But I don’t recommend anyone doing hair transplant if you’ve too much of hair loss. It’s wasting of precious donor hairs. I’ve done hair transplant with aweful result in San Diego, CA. This is my biggest regret. The doctor lied to me and put me together and I only blame myself for it. 2 weeks ago finally after debating for more than a year I decided to do SMP. I always thought I will not be comfortable with hair down zero-half. But looks good makes me comfortable. Makes me look younger. I wish I’ve done it earlier. The good thing is if down the road something comes out that gives me full head of hair then I can reverse it with laser. So far I’m happy with what I did as far as SMP goes.

Lads, the only thing that is making you less attractive, approachable and successful is your insecurities.

Shave your head, get into the gym and start to build some confidence. Only once you build some confidence will your insecurities start to recede (pun intended), then you will care less about being bald.

Started going bald when i was 19.

I do hit the gym.

And sure, I look better buff.

But I look even better buff and with hair.

As for shaving your head, that doesn’t cut it in certain circles. Nor will it always be in style in any circle.

Nor does it fool anyone. They can tell you only shave it because you’re bald.

The only people who look better bald are generally plug ugly with hair or without.

Shaving your head is not about fooling anyone, it’s about looking neat and tidy. The same if you had a beard that only grew in patches, you would shave it wouldn’t you? If you had clothes that were dirty and ripped, you would change them. Etc

If shaving your head doesn’t cut it in some circles, then that says a lot about the people in your circles.

Look man, i’m just trying to help. I used to be really insecure about to the point where i would where i wouldn’t even let my parents see me without a hat. Then one day i turned a leaf and i stopped wearing my hat. Only then i realised no one gives a f**k if you’re bald or not.

Sure there’s going to be shallow women, as there are shallow men. But a survey of 122 people is of no significance, especially being that half were men who will automatically have a biased opinion as generally most men are/would be insecure about being bald. Also it would have been very interesting to see how they presented the men in those images, if in the before photo they are looking depressed, insecure, bleak, then in the after photo they’re looking happy and content of course that’s also going to sway your opinion too. But again, it all comes down to how you feel inside and how you present yourself. Even more interesting would have been to compare the results between the women and men.

“Experts say having hair could allow men to go further up the career ladder” Is the most ridiculous thing i’ve ever read in my entire life. You really seriously think a company is going to promote staff based on their hair and not their work ethic? Many many many of CEOs i’ve seen are bald, if not balding to some degree… I wonder how did they get to be a CEO?

Here’s some articles you might prefer to read:

Study Shows Baldness Can Be a Business Advantage

“I’m not saying that shaving your head makes you successful, but it starts the conversation that you’ve done something active,” says tech entrepreneur and writer Seth Godin, 52, who has embraced the bare look for two decades. “These are people who decide to own what they have, as opposed to trying to pretend to be something else.”

Bald Men Are Perceived As More Attractive, Study Finds
http://www.lifehack.org/389253/bald-men-are-perceived-as-more-attractive-study-finds

“Study 3. Do non-photographic stimuli provide the same results?
In the final study participants were given written descriptions of men. No photographs were used. More than 500 adults rated their perception of a given man based purely on the information they gathered from the written descriptions. The descriptions were all the same except for the parts that described the hair. The man that was described as having a shaved head was rated highest in masculinity, dominance, leadership potential and strength.”

13 Reasons Bald Men Are Sexy … → Love - Allwomenstalk

“In my opinion, confidence is very sexy.
It doesn’t seem to matter what a guy looks like, when he has a lot of confidence it shows in so many ways.
A man who is sure of himself will walk with his head high, smile at everyone he meets, and ooze charisma.”

Hope this can help you feel better about being bald :slight_smile:

People like you remind me of the Fox in one of Aesop’s fables:

"Driven by hunger, a fox tried to reach some grapes hanging high on the vine but was unable to, although he leaped with all his strength.

"As he went away, the fox remarked ‘Oh, you aren’t even ripe yet! I don’t need any sour grapes.’

People who speak disparagingly of things that they cannot attain would do well to apply this story to themselves."

When was the last bald president elected to office?

Seems to me it was Eisenhower–but his opponent, Stevenson, was just as bald or balder. So the people had no choice.

But since then, the hairiest candidate always wins.

Now, if you want to do some good, stop contributing to the erroneous belief that baldness isn’t a serious condition.

Because if baldness were recognized as serious, then the FDA would be quicker to give permissions and approvals for trials and for treatments.

And if baldness were recognized as serious, investors would realize that it’s not silly to find a cure for baldness, so they wouldn’t laugh a pharmaceutical CEO out of the boardroom for wanting to do it.

Heck, if baldness were recognized as serious, maybe Obamacare would even pay for Propecia–why not, if it pays for birth control pills for women?.

I think that anyone that knows anything about investing would
assume that a cure or a treatment option to regain your hair would be an investment opportunity of a lifetime. The whole hairloss industry relies on the insecurities of men.

With that said, 4 of the last 5 prime ministers of Australia were bald, balding and 7 of the last 10 uk prime ministers were bald, balding. But seriously, are we really debating whether or not presidents/prime
ministers are elected into office because of their hair? That’s
crazy.

I never said hair loss was not a serious issue, it is, it has serious affects on the mental suffering of its patients. But that’s exactly what it is, a psychological issue, nothing else. You are not limited any in any way by being bald, well, we probably wont feature in any shampoo ads on tv, haha. You’re only limited by your emotional state. At the end of the day, there are a lot more diseases, finding of cures that are more deserving of funding and research than MPB. Not that there shouldn’t be any funding and research into MPB, i’m not saying that, but dont you think that say a disease like cystic fibrosis with a life expectancy of 30-40 deserves a little more attention than MPB?

"It's an incurable, genetic disease, where sufferers have thick 
mucus clogging their lungs. Because of scarring from infection, 
a sufferer will either slowly suffocate - leaving their lungs 
unable to supply enough oxygen to the body - or their immune 
system loses the battle against infections."

Be thankful you’re just losing your hair and that it’s nothing more medically serious than that.

Please don’t take this the wrong way, i’m not trying to say “just suck it up!” by any means. I’m trying to point out that you don’t have to suffer like you think you do, you can overcome it like i did if you’re willing to overcome your insecurities.

Anyway, i feel you don’t want to be helped. But we’re all here for you when you need mate, sincerely.

Vin Diesel doesn’t need hair to get success & women but he sure needs muscles & a tan.

Johnny Depp doesn’t need muscles & a tan to get success and women. But he sure needs good hair.

Eisenhower didn’t need hair but he sure needed his war record & brains.

Reagan needed good hair if he ever wanted to get past the primaries.

Cosmetic problems don’t have the same effect on everyone.

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by cal[/postedby]
Vin Diesel doesn’t need hair to get success & women but he sure needs muscles & a tan.

Johnny Depp doesn’t need muscles & a tan to get success and women. But he sure needs good hair.

Eisenhower didn’t need hair but he sure needed his war record & brains.

Reagan needed good hair if he ever wanted to get past the primaries.

Cosmetic problems don’t have the same effect on everyone.[/quote]

That all sounds insightful and smart until you stop to think about it and realize it’s actually neither smart nor insightful.

First of all, you have no idea whether or not Van Diesel has women. If he
has women it’s only because he’s a star with money. And if he has women then he wouldn’t have women if he wasn’t rich and famous.

Depp is getting ugly as he ages and soon his women will be gone too unless he buys them or perhaps his star power will get him women.

Anyway, the thing is that you are talking about rich and famous people here and that is not the same as talking about regular Joes.

I knew a guy who didn’t make a lot of money, but who drove a Mercedes.

The car looked nice and shiny and pretty.

But it had half a million miles on it, needed a new engine, the suspension was shot, and the transmission had no reverse.

So, sure. Bald guys can have a pretty looking girl just like poor guys can have a pretty looking Mercedes.

Proves nothing.

“I think that anyone that knows anything about investing would
assume that a cure or a treatment option to regain your hair would be an investment opportunity of a lifetime.”

So that’s why Pfizer, Novartis, Brystol-Myers Squibb, Lilly and so many other big pharmas are scrambling to cure hair loss. Gee, who would have thought.

“With that said, 4 of the last 5 prime ministers of Australia were bald, balding and 7 of the last 10 uk prime ministers were bald, balding. But seriously, are we really debating whether or not presidents/prime
ministers are elected into office because of their hair? That’s crazy.”

Like I said, who was the last bald president of the USA elected to office? Funny thing is, since the invention of TV (visual) Eisenhower was the last one (and his opponent, Stevenson, was as bald or balder, so voters had no choice). Most elected presidents have hair up the wazoo despite being in their forties, fifties, and sixties when elected.

“I never said hair loss was not a serious issue, it is, it has serious affects [sic] on the mental suffering of its patients. But that’s exactly what it is, a psychological issue, nothing else.”

The younger the man, the less likely he is to be bald and the more likely he is to have hair. Younger men are also more fertile than older men.

That is proof that sexual selection favors hairy men.

“You are not limited any in any way by being bald, well, we probably wont feature in any shampoo ads on tv, haha. You’re only limited by your emotional state. At the end of the day, there are a lot more diseases, finding of cures that are more deserving of funding and research than MPB. Not that there shouldn’t be any funding and research into MPB, i’m not saying that, but dont you think that say a disease like cystic fibrosis with a life expectancy of 30-40 deserves a little more attention than MPB?”

No, I don’t agree.

Hair loss increases your chances of having fewer or no children (proof of this is, as I mentioned above, the rareness of the expression of genes for baldness in men in their younger, more fertile years).

Anything that f*cks with an animal’s ability to pass its genes to the next generation is very, very serious.

Like I said, the Aesops’ fox comforts himself by convincing himself that what he cannot have isn’t that important to have.

But it takes courage to admit you are hopelessly f*cked by something you want but cannot have.

Not to mention that only 70,000 people in the whole world (just ~30,000 in the USA) have cystic fibrosis. Not much of a market there for the big pharmas to find a cure.

Yet worldwide more billions of men and women suffer serious hair loss, and plenty of them in rich countries where people can afford expensive treatments.

But hey, Vin Diesel has a girlfriend, so hair loss isn’t serious.

There is a prejudice against bald people. Unlike racial minorities and women and gays and AIDs sufferers–we aren’t even afforded the dignity of that prejudice being acknowledged.

And people like you are the Uncle Toms of hair loss.

[quote] That all sounds insightful and smart until you stop to think about it and realize it’s actually neither smart nor insightful.

First of all, you have no idea whether or not Van Diesel has women. If he
has women it’s only because he’s a star with money. And if he has women then he wouldn’t have women if he wasn’t rich and famous.

Depp is getting ugly as he ages and soon his women will be gone too unless he buys them or perhaps his star power will get him women.

Anyway, the thing is that you are talking about rich and famous people here and that is not the same as talking about regular Joes.[/quote]

This kind of response reminds me why I don’t spent much time on this forum anymore.

I basically said “not everyone likes the same things you like.” And you responded “that’s a stupid rationale since those other people are probably lying.”

It makes my head hurt just reading stuff like this.

No Cal, you didn’t say “not everyone likes the same things”.

You tried to tell us that Van Disel has women but you don’t know if Van Disel does or doesn’t have women. And if he does have women it’s only because he’s a star.

You tried to tell us that Depp doesn’t need hair to get women without mentioning that Depp just lost the hottest woman he ever had, and his looks are fading so his days of women wanting him may be almost over.

You talked about Eisenhower and Eisenhower did have a few women but he was not a big stud.

I’m challenging the examples you used. If your examples don’t hold up then maybe your overall point is wrong too. I shouldn’t have to agree with your examples if your examples don’t add up.

Bill Clinton carried on with much younger women well into his 40s, 50s, and even 60s (per tabloid reports)… But look at how many affairs with younger women Bernie Sanders has had.

I don’t understand what you guys are debating here, the subject line is “men with hair are perceived as 'more attractive, approachable and successful”

This is a fact. Period.

This is also self fulfilling, people who are perceived to be more attractive do get more opportunities and better opportunity means more likely to be successful.

[quote]No Cal, you didn’t say “not everyone likes the same things”.

You tried to tell us that Van Disel has women but you don’t know if Van Disel does or doesn’t have women. And if he does have women it’s only because he’s a star.

You tried to tell us that Depp doesn’t need hair to get women without mentioning that Depp just lost the hottest woman he ever had, and his looks are fading so his days of women wanting him may be almost over.

You talked about Eisenhower and Eisenhower did have a few women but he was not a big stud.

I’m challenging the examples you used. If your examples don’t hold up then maybe your overall point is wrong too. I shouldn’t have to agree with your examples if your examples don’t add up. [/quote]

You didn’t even read my original comment correctly in the first place.