Just Started Generic Avodart (Dutasteride) 2.5mg Daily

» » I would definitely discuss this with el duterino and a couple more
» » experienced dut users. I have used dut since 05 and have maintained my
» » hair since then only to increase the dosage by .5mg over the past year.
» I
» » have noticed though, that any deviated in dosage, soon leads to a shed
» no
» » matter how small the change.
»
» After countless hours of research and correspondence with doctors
» specializing in the hairloss field, I’ve pretty concluded that I’m
» experiencing Telogen Effluvium.
»
» Knowing TE is usually reversable on its own, will I have to stop Avodart
» for my hairs to regrow back or continue with avodard and my hairs will grow
» back anyway? If someone can answer this question it would be great.

I’ve decided to decrease my dut dosage to what was working well in the first place. Last yr I used about 0.5 mg of dut twice per week with great results. I will now slowly decrease to every other day usage and then 2-3 times per week only. I just placed an order for Xandrox 15% Plus (only because of its concentration of minoxidil and its non-greasy and non-dripping characteristics. I very much doubt its topical fin works), Rogaine Foam, & Spiro 5% cream.

My new regimen by the time my products arive will look like this:

Rogaine Foam - In the am
Xandrox Plus - In the pm
Spiro 5% - In the pm
Nix 2% - Every other day
Dut 0.5mg - 2-3x/week

I also want to add another shampoo but I’m confused about what to get between nano-shampoo, tricomin, and folligen :expressionless:

I will take photos as soon as I get time and will post them for progress tracking purposes.

Thank you MJ2003. I feel I have a moral obligation to share my experience.

I have used hairloss treatments since 1996, starting with minox 2% then 5% (stopped due to the mess) and propecia in 2005. In June 2009 I started with 0.5 Avodart(Brand).
That first week I had an outbreak of shingles. Nothing unusual as this had been going on since 2005. I was waking up with joint pain and loss of energy. I began to feel slightly anxious and depressed, I put this down to the hairloss and something that would pass.

My profession requires me to be presented at a good physical level. I eat a consistently balanced diet and workout 5/6 times a week. My muscle quality was detriorating and my workouts less vigourous. I gained weight, something I attributed to the decrease in workout intensity. I just thought I was ‘going through the motions,’ and it would pass. My blood pressure had always been stable and was now elevated along with my resting heart rate. I put this down to less vigor and intensity in my workouts. (A cardiologist had suggested that dutasteride reduces the size of the prostate and overall muscle mass. The body responds with an excess production of adrenaline and other chemicals as a protective mechanism).

I continued through the weeks and I was still feeling the same, generalized joint pain, shingles outbreaks, sad, no energy, loss of sex drive, although I was now ejaculating a brown fluid and the only thing i had to keep me going were my new breasts!

With regard to my hairloss - who knows if I made a difference, or slowed it down. All I know is that I continued to lose it. I have used drugs and alcohol to detach from the feelings and emotions of hairloss. I have spent upwards of £50,000 on rehabilitation (now clean 3 years). That money could have probably strengthened my hair with an accredited hair transplant professional.

I recognize that denial of reality is a symptom of any addiction, whether it is to drugs, alcohol or external appearance.

Again, I would like to thank MJ2003 and all the other contributors as this thread was the catalyst in my further research to the complications of Avodart.
Today, I have not taken a tablet.

» Thank you MJ2003. I feel I have a moral obligation to share my experience.
»
» I have used hairloss treatments since 1996, starting with minox 2% then 5%
» (stopped due to the mess) and propecia in 2005. In June 2009 I started with
» 0.5 Avodart(Brand).
» That first week I had an outbreak of shingles. Nothing unusual as this had
» been going on since 2005. I was waking up with joint pain and loss of
» energy. I began to feel slightly anxious and depressed, I put this down to
» the hairloss and something that would pass.
»
» My profession requires me to be presented at a good physical level. I eat
» a consistently balanced diet and workout 5/6 times a week. My muscle
» quality was detriorating and my workouts less vigourous. I gained weight,
» something I attributed to the decrease in workout intensity. I just thought
» I was ‘going through the motions,’ and it would pass. My blood pressure had
» always been stable and was now elevated along with my resting heart rate. I
» put this down to less vigor and intensity in my workouts. (A cardiologist
» had suggested that dutasteride reduces the size of the prostate and overall
» muscle mass. The body responds with an excess production of adrenaline and
» other chemicals as a protective mechanism).
»
» I continued through the weeks and I was still feeling the same,
» generalized joint pain, shingles outbreaks, sad, no energy, loss of sex
» drive, although I was now ejaculating a brown fluid and the only thing i
» had to keep me going were my new breasts!
»
» With regard to my hairloss - who knows if I made a difference, or slowed
» it down. All I know is that I continued to lose it. I have used drugs and
» alcohol to detach from the feelings and emotions of hairloss. I have spent
» upwards of £50,000 on rehabilitation (now clean 3 years). That money could
» have probably strengthened my hair with an accredited hair transplant
» professional.
»
» I recognize that denial of reality is a symptom of any addiction, whether
» it is to drugs, alcohol or external appearance.
»
» Again, I would like to thank MJ2003 and all the other contributors as this
» thread was the catalyst in my further research to the complications of
» Avodart.
» Today, I have not taken a tablet.

Thanks for sharing mbrook. I’m sure many can relate to your personal experience, and becoming content with your hair loss is a success all on its own.

mbrook that is some very scary story, thanks for sharing, I wonder who else had the same experience.

I can recommend a reputable pharmacy (Avodart) - http://www.grandmeds.com I received the order and it was on time and the pills work great.

Hi

Really enjoyed reading your blog, I just wondered if you had an update and how things progressed??

2.5mg is waaaaaaaaay too much!

I was on 1.0mg daily and had itching of the urethra which went away following cutting back to 0.5.

Also, DUT has the ability to reduce DHT levels by over 98%, so more than one pill is not really needed. In fact, its half life is 2-3 days, so 0,5mg every other day is plenty, according to my hair doc.

» » Thank you MJ2003. I feel I have a moral obligation to share my
» experience.
» »
» » I have used hairloss treatments since 1996, starting with minox 2% then
» 5%
» » (stopped due to the mess) and propecia in 2005. In June 2009 I started
» with
» » 0.5 Avodart(Brand).
» » That first week I had an outbreak of shingles. Nothing unusual as this
» had
» » been going on since 2005. I was waking up with joint pain and loss of
» » energy. I began to feel slightly anxious and depressed, I put this down
» to
» » the hairloss and something that would pass.
» »
» » My profession requires me to be presented at a good physical level. I
» eat
» » a consistently balanced diet and workout 5/6 times a week. My muscle
» » quality was detriorating and my workouts less vigourous. I gained
» weight,
» » something I attributed to the decrease in workout intensity. I just
» thought
» » I was ‘going through the motions,’ and it would pass. My blood pressure
» had
» » always been stable and was now elevated along with my resting heart rate.
» I
» » put this down to less vigor and intensity in my workouts. (A
» cardiologist
» » had suggested that dutasteride reduces the size of the prostate and
» overall
» » muscle mass. The body responds with an excess production of adrenaline
» and
» » other chemicals as a protective mechanism).
» »
» » I continued through the weeks and I was still feeling the same,
» » generalized joint pain, shingles outbreaks, sad, no energy, loss of sex
» » drive, although I was now ejaculating a brown fluid and the only thing i
» » had to keep me going were my new breasts!
» »
» » With regard to my hairloss - who knows if I made a difference, or slowed
» » it down. All I know is that I continued to lose it. I have used drugs
» and
» » alcohol to detach from the feelings and emotions of hairloss. I have
» spent
» » upwards of £50,000 on rehabilitation (now clean 3 years). That money
» could
» » have probably strengthened my hair with an accredited hair transplant
» » professional.
» »
» » I recognize that denial of reality is a symptom of any addiction,
» whether
» » it is to drugs, alcohol or external appearance.
» »
» » Again, I would like to thank MJ2003 and all the other contributors as
» this
» » thread was the catalyst in my further research to the complications of
» » Avodart.
» » Today, I have not taken a tablet.
»
» Thanks for sharing mbrook. I’m sure many can relate to your personal
» experience, and becoming content with your hair loss is a success all on
» its own.

MJ,

Thank you for sharing your experiences. You have been courageous! I have been researching tons and tons of things for the last 10 years and have a lot of resources from this research but have not pulled the trigger on too many things. I have a couple of questions for you. How old are you? When did you start losing hair? I know where to get generic dutasteride .5mg pills for roughly 55 cents a piece and I can get finasteride 1mg tablets for less than 20 cents a piece. I have been only taking finasteride 1mg a day for 9 months and have had remarkable regrowth but it seems that it is plateauing. I have read everything that you have posted and I think that your supplementation for lifting and working out could be a factor that you have not thought of. I know for a fact that my favorite pre-workout supplement jack3d makes me lose more hair. Adaptogens like Maca root, Tongkat Ali, and my favorite Maral root (Luzea) all contribute to hair loss because it makes your body produce its own testosterone and makes it like you are a 16 year old all over again.

For the record, I am 41. I have less than 9% body fat and everyone tells me I look like I am 25. I have hair loss in my crown area and minoxidil 2 or 5% did not help me regrow hair. I only tried it for 6 months and could not stand the sticky gooey mess. MJ, I have considered your higher doses and of going though like 4ml a day or more. I admit I was only doing 2ml or 5%. I might revisit that. I know a couple of doctors in Bangkok, Thailand that do hair transplants for literally 10 to 20% of what doctors here in the states here do and a plane ticket only costs $1,000 round trip and you could be hanging out on the Island of Phuket for a month recovering for literally 1/4 of the cost. Again I have not jumped on this. I am in the process of researching and seeing if I can wait out for maybe a more permanent with less side effects type solution. I have several other things on my mind including using a micro-dermabrasion roller (look on amazon under “derma roller”, that allows for 97% absorption of minoxidil versus a normal absorption of 4-8%. I have looked at hair lasers and at certain wavelengths this seems to be a solution for some. Again I have many other things I have been thinking about but would like to lay these things down to begin a discussion. I also have not seen a posting from you MJ since September of 2012. How are you doing? How is your dosing of dutasteride? What is your current daily dosage? Where are you at pertaining to regrets or things to the contrary?

Again before I forget, I think it is important to note. I was married for 7 years before my wife was able to have children. I had a daughter from another marriage and so we didn’t think there was an issue with me but both of us were tested when going through infertility treatments. I am not bragging but in order to think about various factors it is important to state what happened to me. Multiple blood tests showed that I produced 7 times the testosterone than an average male (I was 29 at the time). That is also about the time that my crown started to thin. I also produce at least that same amount of viable sperm; so I had that androgen-DHT thing probably raging inside of me and it began to affect my hair follicles.

I have had some sexual side effects from taking finasteride but most of them have subsided. I am also 41. What I have found is that it has most likely significantly reduced my testosterone and it has been a great benefit to me. I am not as aggressive and “Alpha male-like” and it has allowed me to settle down for the first time in my life. I usually only get 4-6 hours of sleep and now I get 8. I can feel when my testosterone gets low and that is when I take adaptogens like maral root for a month and hit it hard in the gym and it balences me out between too little and too much testosterone. This is also when I notice a little more hair loss. Same goes for some of my pre-workout supplements. Again this is enough for now.

I’ve had good results with Dutasteride. This is where I been buying it without a prescription
http://instant-online-solution.com

I can recommend a reputable pharmacy (Avodart) http://top-online-pills.com I received the order and it was on time and the pills work great.

Do not take generic dutasteride. It is produced by shady indian companies that you don’t know anything about. You can’t be sure if these medications actually contain dutasteride at all and how effective they are. They can also contain dangerous chemicals that can seriously harm you. If you are looking to buy original Avodart from GlaxoSmithKlein you can check this site up http://proscar.tictail.com The price is the lowest I have found so far for original Avodart. Do not risk your Health with all these fake drugs until a reputable company release a generic version.