Homade Zinc Oxide Cream

Hello, I had my pharmacist order some Zinc Oxide powder (by Ruger Chemical)and boric acid powder (by Humco). I was reading the lables and the zinc oxide say: “caution: nuisance dust”, and it also has a Health rating of 1, on the Hazad index listed on the bottle.
The boric acid powder says "if you get it on your skin, wash with soap and water."
I just wanted to make sure that I had the right ingredients. Does this sound right? How long do you leave it on? I was thinking I read an hour in a previous thread? Any help would really be appreciated.

I have one more really stupid question. The recipe also calls for starch. Is that corn starch? Where do I get this… the grocery store? I looked but couldn’t find it. Please help.
Thanks!

» Hello, I had my pharmacist order some Zinc Oxide powder (by Ruger
» Chemical)and boric acid powder (by Humco). I was reading the lables and
» the zinc oxide say: “caution: nuisance dust”, and it also has a Health
» rating of 1, on the Hazad index listed on the bottle.
» The boric acid powder says “if you get it on your skin, wash with soap and
» water.”
» I just wanted to make sure that I had the right ingredients. Does this
» sound right? How long do you leave it on? I was thinking I read an hour
» in a previous thread? Any help would really be appreciated.
»
» I have one more really stupid question. The recipe also calls for starch.
» Is that corn starch? Where do I get this… the grocery store? I looked
» but couldn’t find it. Please help.
» Thanks!

if you are trying to make the waseda zinc oxide topical, i did that, took two weeks to find all the junk for it, pain in the ass to make it, messy, then i put it on my head, it dried white like caked on plaster of paris, like a cast or something
stoppeed using it after about two days
I see no way how that is going to help my hair

try nizoral cream worked great on me

Corn starch is correct, available in grocery store. To prevent lumping always mix the corn starch with a couple teaspoons of water in a separate bowl before adding to zinc oxide mixture.

I left in on long enough to become dry, about twenty minutes. Just re-wet the affected area and it comes off with no residue. I used a wet wash cloth.

» Corn starch is correct, available in grocery store. To prevent lumping
» always mix the corn starch with a couple teaspoons of water in a separate
» bowl before adding to zinc oxide mixture.
»
» I left in on long enough to become dry, about twenty minutes. Just re-wet
» the affected area and it comes off with no residue. I used a wet wash
» cloth.

Thanks for the info. Does it iritate the scalp at all? After reading the cautions on the bottle I was hesitant to put it on. I didn’t know if maybe percentage of active incredient varied between suppliers or something. Do you feel it has helped you? I also use Crinagine and Revivogen (among many other things :slight_smile: ) which also have zinc and seem to have greatly reduced fall-out.

A couple weeks after starting zinc oxide cream I had never seen so much fine vellus hair. This of course gave me much hope. After a couple of months I began making the other topicals in the Waseda regimen, grape seed extract, souhakuhi, and senburi. Stayed with the whole regimen for about a year. Sadly all the vellus hair never matured into darker, thicker hair.

The mature hair close to the bald area seemed to improve somewhat.The zinc oxide cream never irritated my scalp in any way nor did all the other topicals. The scalp appeared very healthy, neither oliy or dry.

I have left the cream on for an hour instead of twenty minutes. Even this length of time caused no problem.

If the cream dries out before removal time then just spray/mist lightly using something like an old crinagen bottle.

» A couple weeks after starting zinc oxide cream I had never seen so much
» fine vellus hair. This of course gave me much hope. After a couple of
» months I began making the other topicals in the Waseda regimen, grape seed
» extract, souhakuhi, and senburi. Stayed with the whole regimen for about a
» year. Sadly all the vellus hair never matured into darker, thicker hair.
»
» The mature hair close to the bald area seemed to improve somewhat.The zinc
» oxide cream never irritated my scalp in any way nor did all the other
» topicals. The scalp appeared very healthy, neither oliy or dry.
»
» I have left the cream on for an hour instead of twenty minutes. Even this
» length of time caused no problem.
»
» If the cream dries out before removal time then just spray/mist lightly
» using something like an old crinagen bottle.

Have you tried Maltoside? This was another one of Waseda’s formulas. Supposedly it can turn vellus hairs to terminal hairs. Seems to be only one sorce to get it, and its in Japan I think. I tried to order it using the instructions on the site, but I haven’t received it and its been about a month. I guess I should cash in my international money order. I would still like to try it though, and the link is still on this site so I would think that it should still be available.

I never tried Maltoside.

I followed the Waseda forum posts closely. I recall some using Maltoside and don’t recall any complaints about service from the Maltoside supplier.

I know ancientway.com (Kevin) stocked all the herbs for the Waseda regimen during that time, including Maltoside.

Might be worth a try to contact Kevin at ancientway.com.

» I never tried Maltoside.
»
» I followed the Waseda forum posts closely. I recall some using Maltoside
» and don’t recall any complaints about service from the Maltoside supplier.
»
»
» I know ancientway.com (Kevin) stocked all the herbs for the Waseda regimen
» during that time, including Maltoside.
»
» Might be worth a try to contact Kevin at ancientway.com.

Thanks! I’ll give him a try.

In a matter of days.

However I was never able to grow them thicker longer…

How can u explain Zinc Ox can grow smallhair so fast…

» In a matter of days.
»
» However I was never able to grow them thicker longer…
»
» How can u explain Zinc Ox can grow smallhair so fast…

Try procyanidin (sp?) or super strength minox, these are supposed to turn them to terminal hair. That s what I was told and of course that never worked for me :frowning: Maybe you will have better luck.

Tried procyanidin too…it didnt help :confused:

Still I am amaazed at how fast I grew those densely packaed vellus/small black hair with ZnO

Were you concurrently using a “natural” DHT inhibitor like SP or Beta Sis while using the ZnO? This may be the reason that your vellous hairs stayed vellous. I have ZERO faith in using SP and other “DHT Inhibitors” as they have ALWAYS had a negative impact on my hair - usually only after a few days of use.

No i xas using nothing else than ZnO

It’s important when you try stuff to use thel on their own, otherwise you cannot be sure what results you re getting from that thing you are trying

» In a matter of days.
»
» However I was never able to grow them thicker longer…
»
» How can u explain Zinc Ox can grow smallhair so fast…

It may help with inflammation in the short term.

Regards
Pete

» Corn starch is correct, available in grocery store. To prevent lumping
» always mix the corn starch with a couple teaspoons of water in a separate
» bowl before adding to zinc oxide mixture.
»
» I left in on long enough to become dry, about twenty minutes. Just re-wet
» the affected area and it comes off with no residue. I used a wet wash
» cloth.

I'm thinking of making the Zinc Oxide formula.  One formula said you can substitute Ascorbic Acid (vitamin C) for boric acid -- sounds safer.  Did anyone think of using a shower cap to prevent the water from evaporating?  I think it would help and also keep the compound more viable during the 25 minute treatment.

The propecia at http://www.Goodrxpills.com has worked well for me. You can just get an instant prescription by filling out the medical questions at checkout I guess that is normal for online pharmacies now.