Hair Loss Could Be Tied to Vitamin B-12 Deficiency

QUESTION: I read your column a while ago about a 77-year-old woman who was experiencing hair loss. At the age of 75, I too was losing my hair. My doctor checked my vitamin B-12 level, and it was very low. I was started on the tablets that dissolve under my tongue.

It has been just a few months since I began the B-12 and I now have a thick, healthy head of hair again. Perhaps this suggestion will help your readers.

ANSWER: There is evidence that hair loss may be connected with a deficiency of certain vitamins and minerals, specifically B- 12, zinc and biotin. We sometimes fail to realize that the body is a system designed to function as a complete unit. As part of that unit, hair requires proper nutrition. A function of B-12 is the formation of healthy red blood cells, which are necessary to transport oxygen throughout the body.

You are correct in that some people complaining of hair loss tend to have low B-12 levels. Oddly, the body stores B-12 supplies for longer than a year. Therefore, a deficiency is not something that occurs rapidly but is long-standing.

Some sources of the vitamin include milk, eggs, poultry, fish, shellfish and fortified cereals. Some people may also require injections of the vitamin in order to achieve better absorption.

You were fortunate your physician ran lab work and discovered the deficiency. He or she assisted you and, in turn, you may be helping many others who read this column. Thank you for the tip.

The best vitamin B tablets I’ve used is Life’s Fortune. There is evidence that hair loss may be connected with a deficiency of certain vitamins and minerals, specifically B-12, zinc and biotin.

Vitamin B-12 Defiency is one of the cause for hair loss but it will be not the same in all cases. There might be a different factors and diffent symptoms behind hair loss in men and women and deficiency of vitamins.

Everyone wants shiny, silky and beautiful hair. No matter what your hair texture is you can have healthy-looking hair. If you’re suffering from hair losses, thinning and baldness, you should have take natural hair regrowth supplement in order to cure to that kind of problems. Most of the girls are using straightening irons, blow dryers that can actually

Not sure about vitamin B-12 in particular but vitamin deficiency in general can cause some hair loss - its usually reversible though

b12 and iron levels are important in alopecia

zinc in mpb

Very true. Lack in essential vitamins will surely lead to hair loss problems. You need to have a healthy and a balanced diet.

yes these is also one of important reason that healthy supplement can create problem for hair ,like hair loss ,hair weak, Dry hair ,Dandruff,hair whitening etc ,because as we know vitaminB-12 is very important vitamin. Vitamin B12, vitamin B12 or vitamin B-12, also called cobalamin, is a water-soluble vitamin that has a key role in the normal functioning of the brain and nervous system, and the formation of red blood cells. It is one of eight B vitamins. It is involved in the metabolism of every cell of the human body, especially affecting DNA synthesis, fatty acid and amino acid metabolism.[1] No fungi, plants, nor animals (including humans) are capable of producing vitamin B12. Only bacteria and archaea have the enzymes needed for its synthesis. Some plant foods are a natural source of B12 because of bacterial symbiosis. B12 is the largest and most structurally complicated vitamin and can be produced industrially only through a bacterial fermentation-synthesis. This synthetic B12 is used to fortify foods and sold as a dietary supplement.
vitamin B-12 mainly contain in non-vegetarian food and milk product so you should keep your diet best and healthy ,Doctor in hair clinic in Ahmedabad also help to provide best diet that can help you from hair fall problem

Hair loss is mainly due to vitamin Deficiency and protein as well many reason pollution,chemical,hormonal,illness,genetic etc but vitamin b-12 is very important for hair as they provide more iron and zinc that help in hair to keep it stronger.
For more detail visitBest hair transplant in Ahmedabad