Ben Affleck new pic is that a wig?

http://perezhilton.com/2008-02-21-kimmels-revenge#respond

Everybody says he wears a piece, I am still not 100% convinced, it’s hard to tell.

» Everybody says he wears a piece, I am still not 100% convinced, it’s hard
» to tell.

Its great looking…better than staying bald or diffuse (for him)
Some people dont want to show their flaws others dont care. He is one that cares.

I would care too if tens of millions of dollars were dependent on me continuing to look good.

Hard to tell from those pictures, but there’s a good chance it is a hairpiece.

The hairline shape seems too straight and the density of the hair at the hairline seems too dense.

But the suspicious thing is how the hair in front falls down over the forehead before curlling to the right–as if to conceal the edge of the base of the hairpiece.

Also if you compare the overall look of the hair in front on top to the hair in front on the sides, there seems a slight difference.

I’d vote for hairpiece.

The problem with hairpieces is that they may look great when perfectly groomed, but as soon as you start to try to live your life they quickly start to look like crap.

A hairpiece is very much like a piece of clothing, especially wool clothing–both are made of “dead” hair that is no longer replenishing itself by growing new fiber.

Think of wearing a wool jacket or trousers 24/7; imagine sleeping in them, showering in them–wearing them during everything you do in the course of a weekday or weekend.

And like wool clothing, the more you wash a hairpiece, the faster it wears out. So the dirtier your activities (ocean spray, dust raised on trails, pollen on the wind, pollution in the air, sweat, bird and bug crap in the woods and fields, grease from working on or under your car, woodworking sawdust, and on and on and on), the more it will need washing.

Then ask how they would look at the end of one day, a week, a month, etc.

Like theatrical makeup, the illusion created by a hairpiece cannot be sustained in real life.

I remember asking can I wear a toupee when I wear a helmet, when I go hunting, when I go camping, when I go mountain biking, when I walk in the rain or under the bleaching summer sun, when I ski or sled in the snow, when I go swimming and scuba diving, when I’m sailing in the salt spray with lines eveywhere, when I’m in the shower with my girl, when I’m sleeping, when I practice martial arts, when I am sweating heavily, when I’m working on the car or house or in the yard, when I wrestle with my dog, etc.

And when the answer was no to all the above unless you want to look like a fool and/or buy a new hairpiece every few days–then I asked . . .

When do I get to wear it?

I think it is his hair instead of a short wig.

Well, anyone here got any short wigs?

Great post.

The one quote that sticks out in my mind about rugs :

“Eventually everyone around you comes to know you’re wearing a rug.”

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by Ahab[/postedby]
The problem with hairpieces is that they may look great when perfectly groomed, but as soon as you start to try to live your life they quickly start to look like crap.

A hairpiece is very much like a piece of clothing, especially wool clothing–both are made of “dead” hair that is no longer replenishing itself by growing new fiber.

Think of wearing a wool jacket or trousers 24/7; imagine sleeping in them, showering in them–wearing them during everything you do in the course of a weekday or weekend.

And like wool clothing, the more you wash a hairpiece, the faster it wears out. So the dirtier your activities (ocean spray, dust raised on trails, pollen on the wind, pollution in the air, sweat, bird and bug crap in the woods and fields, grease from working on or under your car, woodworking sawdust, and on and on and on), the more it will need washing.

Then ask how they would look at the end of one day, a week, a month, etc.

Like theatrical makeup, the illusion created by a hairpiece cannot be sustained in real life.

I remember asking can I wear a toupee when I wear a helmet, when I go hunting, when I go camping, when I go mountain biking, when I walk in the rain or under the bleaching summer sun, when I ski or sled in the snow, when I go swimming and scuba diving, when I’m sailing in the salt spray with lines eveywhere, when I’m in the shower with my girl, when I’m sleeping, when I practice martial arts, when I am sweating heavily, when I’m working on the car or house or in the yard, when I wrestle with my dog, etc.

And when the answer was no to all the above unless you want to look like a fool and/or buy a new hairpiece every few days–then I asked . . .

When do I get to wear it?[/quote]

No it looks original. But you never know. Pics can be made to show us what is not there.

It looks very natural. I do not think it is a wig.