Bald guy commits suicide (director of Top Gun)

The brother jumped off a bridge and committed suicide. RIP

In this pictures, he’s wearing a suit and a baseball cap.

Which can only mean, he’s…

bald

I find it amazing that even at an advanced age, men still find it hard to accept their baldness. They need caps and hats to hide it. If a guy like the above cannot accept his baldness as an old man, how am I to accept it as a younger person.

You make it look like he committed suicide cause he was bald.
He had a brain tumor and instead of researching the topic by himself he put his faith the pharmaceutical mafia paying the ultimate price.

» You make it look like he committed suicide cause he was bald.
» He had a brain tumor and instead of researching the topic by himself he put
» his faith the pharmaceutical mafia paying the ultimate price.

He did not have brain cancer. Reports indicate that he had no serious medical conditions but these are preliminary reports. I find it very hard to believe that a man like him killed himself for no reason. Obviously something was bothering him but if there was no serious medical conditions what could possibly have been bothering him?

We know he was bothered by hair loss or else he would not have worn his trademark cap so often. But I don’t think he was that bothered by hair loss.

He had small children. They are going to be devastated by his suicide, and of course he would have known that, so I can’t imagine that he would have killed himself for something minor. I think he must have had some major health problem.

It wasn’t money problems because he was rich. It was lack of success because a lot of his films were big hits. I like Top Gun and I like Crimson Tide and I like Man on Fire. I like some of the others by him too.

He had success, money, small children, and a beautiful wife so wtf??? He had just met with Tom Cruise because they were getting ready to get to work on Top Gun and he had some other BIG projects pending.

WTF???

I can’t imagine it’s hair loss.

We don’t know why he killed himself, I think his weight or height have as much chance of being relevant to his suicide as his hair loss - i.e. very little…

» He had success, money, small children, and a beautiful wife so wtf??? He
» had just met with Tom Cruise because they were getting ready to get to work
» on Top Gun and he had some other BIG projects pending.

I knew a young lawyer, 41, Mormon, with 4 daughters (16, 12, 8 and 4) who killed himself because, in part, his wife was not attracted to him anymore because he was going bald (he was also getting fat). His self-esteem was rock bottom when he shot himself one night, while his wife and kids were on vacation.

» » He had success, money, small children, and a beautiful wife so wtf???
» He
» » had just met with Tom Cruise because they were getting ready to get to
» work
» » on Top Gun and he had some other BIG projects pending.
»
» I knew a young lawyer, 41, Mormon, with 4 daughters (16, 12, 8 and 4) who
» killed himself because, in part, his wife was not attracted to him anymore
» because he was going bald (he was also getting fat). His self-esteem was
» rock bottom when he shot himself one night, while his wife and kids were on
» vacation.

After months more of thought about it I have decided that Tony Scott likely killed himself over his baldness. I think about how I believe that my interpersonal relationships are destroyed by hair loss and I think about how painful that is for me, and I can imagine that someone could kill himself or herself over something like that.

I also factor in that Tony Scott had no other serious medical condtions besides baldness. The coroner and the media said he has NO serious medical conditions but that is just because it is not generally accepted that hair loss is serious, however, many of the top medical doctors in our country, and the world, say that hair loss is serious, so whether or not hair loss is a serious medical condition is up for debate. This means that there is a chance that hair loss is a serious medical condition, and since Tony Scott had not other serious medical condition, this means that hair loss is the only medical condition that Tony Scott had that could possibly be termed “serious.”

One last issue is that Tony Scott was clearly bothered by his hair loss because he practically lived in his red baseball cap.

My conclusion: Tony Scott had a lovely wife, lots of money, two small children, and a continuing important career, but his hair loss was damaging his interconnections with other human beings, most notably those people close to him in his life, so he killed himself. He simply felt that he lost his connection to other human beings in general, and to those close to him most significantly.

I honestly believe this. I think he killed himself because he was bald.

why do you think that he is wearing a cap to hide it , he may be wearing it just because he wants to wear it.

people don’t wear a cap with a suit to an event

It is part of life. Baldness is not a curse. It could not be the reason of committing suicide. In fact there is no reason better for committing suicide. Baldness can be cured. HT is the best way of it.

suicide from hair loss??what a joke…:smiley: